Friday, November 7, 2008

Big Foot

I have Big Foot living in my house. Trey told me that he needed a new pair of shoes. We drove into town and went on our search. I didn't know that a size 14 shoe is not that common in our part of the state.

This is the conversation I had with the Hibbits salesman:

Salesman (SM): "Can I help you find anything?"

Me: "It will be easier to tell me what you have in a size 14"

SM: "Let me go in the back to look what we have" (comes out with 2 shoes in a 14) "We only have these 2 styles in a 14"

Trey tries on each shoe, one being an Under Armour shoe (I didn't even know they made shoes) and a Nike that looked like an old mans shoe.

SM: "At least his foot should stop growing soon"

Me: "What age do kids feet usually stop growing?"

SM: "It's normally around age 16 or 17"

Me: "Well I still have a while because he just turned 13"

SM: Loss of words and look on his face was priceless

Unfortunately we did not walk out of there with a pair of shoes. The Under Armour shoes fit the best, but they were also white mesh and $100. My kid is too rough on shoes for me to pay that kind of money for shoes!

I guess we better find a shoe that fits, stick with it and just keep ordering bigger sizes.

What am I going to do with him??

1 comments:

Justin and Melissa said...

DANG! He has big feet!!! He does look like he is in high school by his height, but that baby face gives away his age!!! I am so proud of him for making all region and 2nd chair!