Wednesday, July 8, 2009

The Sparkler Bombers

The boys discovered "sparkler bombs" this year for the 4th of July.

Mark made one and took it to a friends to make sure everything was safe before showing Trey. He came home and made another one without telling Trey what this thing would do. He told Trey to come outside because he made a flame thrower. Outside we go, I am standing far enough away because I know this thing is about to blow up. Trey doesn't understand why Mark is telling him to stand so far away.



Yes, that is a blow torch in Mark's hand.

So he lights the bomb and runs away. At first it looks like nothing is going to happen, just a sparkler. Sorry the picture is a little blurry, I was trying to take the picture and cover my ears at the same time.



Then BOOM, it blows up and makes a LOUD noise! I was trying to catch a picture of Trey's reaction.





Of course Mark had to show him how it was done and Trey made his own. Run, Trey, Run! (This time I had ear plugs in)



Forget about fireworks, they played with sparklers this year.