Monday, February 23, 2009

First Trumpet Solo Contest

Trey had his first trumpet solo contest this weekend. During this solo it's just him, the piano player and the judge. The contest was at a college about 100 miles away so that meant getting up early. He had to be at the school here at 6:15 am to get loaded on the bus. UGH, it's Saturday morning, you are suppose to sleep late on Saturday mornings! Last time he had to be there early Mark got up and took him which meant it was my turn (secretly crying).

He sent me a text around 9:30 am to let me know he was done with his solo. I asked if he knew the results and he said no. He sent me another text around 10:30 am to let me know that the results were up. Okay so the results are up but you couldn't tell me in the same text what your results were? Little (okay well maybe not little) turd! He was keeping me on the edge, I wanted to know! I finally get a text back saying he got a 1. Woo Hoo! In band contest you are scored by a 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5. When being scored, 1 is the highest and 5 is the lowest.

We are very proud of him. He has a natural talent on the trumpet. We encourage him all the time he needs to stick with it and he will be able to go places. He is excited about getting into high school and going on trips.

Next week he has District group contest. It's that busy time of year!